Equipment Loan Services
As part of our service to the School of Education at Indiana University, the TTL offers an Equipment Loan Service. Based in room 2010 of the Wendell W. Wright Education building, TTL provides the opportunity for students to borrow equipment for using it in teaching and learning. Below are some basic facts all potential borrowers should know about our services.
Location and Hours
- TTL, room 2010
- Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10am - 4pm; Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 am - 7pm.
- JVC camcorders
- Flip Ultra HD Cameras
- Cannon PowerShot Cameras
- Nikon and Kodak Digital Cameras
- Digital voice recorders
Checking Out Equipment
- Equipment is checked out only during posted work hours at the TTL.
- You may check out items for 7 (seven) calendar days, including weekends.
- Most items require specific media, such as tapes (audio, miniDV, mini-DVD), disks or cards (such as an SD card). TTL is not responsible for any media left in any rented equipment when it is returned.
- Media is not provided by TTL and TTL is not authorized to sell media for these devices. You can purchase tapes, disks and SD cards at the TIS or IU Bookstores.
- Batteries (if any) provided with equipment may not be fully charged at time of pickup.
- Policy exceptions are handled by the W200 coordinator.
- Return equipment to TTL, room 2010.
- If you are using equipment with data that is confidential, in a K-12 classroom, or part of a research activity with Human Subjects approval, please remove all media (disks, tapes, digital files) before returning the equipment
- When you return your equipment, we will be checking for any missing parts. Items usually have a tag that lists all components that are checked out and are expected to be returned with the equipment. If anything is missing or damaged, you (as one checking out equipment) will be held responsible for the replacement and/or repair of the items in question.
- Late or missing items may result in a person being blocked from borrowing equipment for the semester.